Thursday, August 11, 2011

Problem Solved!

I've had this problem, well two actually, that I've finally found a solution for. :) Of course, when such great moments happen in my life, I share them with all of you!

Problem #1: Toddlers

I've always been a shower-in-the-morning type person, mostly due to my hair. I don't have that cute hair look after sleeping on it all night, so I've had to set my alarm early enough to have a morning shower! :-/ It has works out just fine most of my life. Then, enter a preschooler and a toddler. Uh hum, as adorable and lovable as they are my once 35-45 minute morning routine has now become a seemingly endless process each day. I'm sure you can all understand that it's hard to get from shower to ready-to-go in a reasonable amount of time, when with only one side of your blush applied, mind you, you have to go break up world war 3 over the ONE and only toy that seems to be of interest at the moment. It's also fun to hear an intense scream coming from the other room while you have your eye liner directly under your eye--not safe, not good. Yet, your youngens thought that would be a perfect time to try their monkeying around skills and realize maybe their balance wasn't quite ready for the heights they thought reasonable to climb and ended up practicing their tumbling skills instead. Oh and my favorite is their desire to play with every bottle, container and item in your bathroom while you're simply trying to curl your hair! That always make for a burn-waiting-to-happen moment when you're constantly grabbing things from their hands with your one spare hand (while leaning into the hot curling iron) or removing it from your hair in a split second to keep them from ingesting your favorite bottle of perfume. While on a relaxing, no agenda, lay around in our pajamas kind of day the problem doesn't exist. But, for whatever reason (probably so we can all stay sane) there are those days when we actually have to get up and get ready. On those days, I'm usually a frazzled mess by the time I arrive and have to keep checking the mirror to make sure I'm not showing up somewhere with only half my make up applied or my hair unbrushed! Anybody else have this problem?

Problem #2: Night Time Showers & Bed Head


Enter a possible solution: night time showers. It certainly takes care of one of the getting ready items off the list AND during the summer I find that night time showers seem so appropriate. I often wonder, why bother getting all pretty and showered in the morning to just end up covered in sunscreen, bug spray and sweat by evening. I'm not a fan of bringing all those layers of "yuck" into my bed, so a nice cool shower is the perfect solution, right? Right. Except for the bed head. The morning result from such a lovely decision the evening before leaves me looking less then desirable with hair not wanting to be properly managed.

Did you read my post title? I sure hope you did, because now comes the fun part, I've solved these problems! :)

Solution: Super cute, fast and easy curly hair.


So here's how it works: 
1. You shower in the evening to get all the layers of summer fun off of you before falling into bed. 
2. Let it air dry or if you like you can blow dry it until it's left slightly damp. 
3. Grab two pairs of your favorite cute, clean socks {you are allowed to use ugly ones with holes too}. You can use thick socks or thin socks, depending on the size of curls you like.
4. Part your hair into 4 sections. It works well to just split it down the center and do two sections {top and bottom} on each side. 
5. Wrap each section of hair up into your sock until you reach the bottom of your ear. 
* You use a closed sock (or any other kind of strip of fabric, if you'd like). Start at the bottom of your hair and roll it up (I usually roll it inward--toward my face) to about the bottom of your chin or ear (depends on how high you want the curls). You then tie the two ends of the sock together to keep them in place.
6. Go to sleep, that's an easy step! ;) 
7. In the morning, you can easily unroll your hair and with some product in your hands slowly start pulling your curls apart and wrapping them up in your finger. You just continue doing that throughout your whole head.
8. Style it the way you like. :)

So in about 10 minutes you can have adorable curls and a ready to go look! No more bed head and no more endless amount of time spent running between the bathroom and "rescuing" your kids from the trouble they've found themselves in. :) Give yourself a little time to get dressed and apply your make up and in under 30 minutes you are out the door looking like you spent hours in front of the mirror. :)

There you have it! I hope this solution works for all of you mamas who have some of the same problems I do, because I know you're out there.... ;)

12 comments:

  1. Wait, what do you mean by wrapping them up in the sock?? And is this your hair? It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just roll it up from the bottom. Yes, that is my hair and this picture was taken just before bed and the curls were still looking nice! :) i love it. I've been doing it for Little princess too and she loves it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you keep the socks in place with the hair? And Is the hair put on the socks or outside the socks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I guess I forgot that detail. You tie the sock in your hair. Let me explain the sock part a little better: You roll your hair around the center of the sock (they are not open) then you tie the two ends together to keep it in place. You could actually use any kind of cloth because the "sock" part is not necessary, it's just something most people have plenty of on hand! ;) Make sense? Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I got it. Great info. Maybe you could add a pic of it with your hair in the socks so we visual folk can really get it. lol. Yep. I'm one of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I did consider the picture of the sock in my hair, but it looks quite goofy (wasn't sure I was ready for the www to see me like that! haha!!), but maybe I'll do an update with pictures of the process too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok - this I have to try. I've always wanted a curl in my very straight hair! Thanks for sharing this tip!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Problem #1 is very familiar to me. Strange though, when someone else is describing it, I laugh... when it happens to me, not so funny!

    Thanks for linking this one, I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, funny, and entertaining tutorial! I am definitely going to try this. Your hair looks just beautiful!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for linking up at Savvy HomeMade Monday, Chelsea. I hope you will party again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Jill-Thank you for hosting! I hope this style works for you! :)

    @Thrifty Crafty Girl-I know, isn't it crazy how we can all relate to that, but in the moment it is SO frustrating! :-/ I guess it just has to become something we laugh about or we'll all go crazy! haha!

    @Jennifer-Glad you liked the tutorial! Do give it a try, I hope it works for you. Thank you!!

    @Erin-You're welcome! I hope to come back again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am trying this tonight! Your hair looks beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! :)
    Crystal
    Homemaker in Heels

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...