Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Creative Gift Exchanges

I can't take credit for any of the ideas I'm about to share, but I never like to pass up an opportunity to share good ideas! :)

My friend, Sarah and her family, have come up with great ways to give gifts to each other that are meaningful, but won't break the bank. Here are some of the ones she's told me about:

*They drew names (I think by gender) and then made a gift for the person they picked. They had plenty of time to work on it and came up with really creative ideas that weren't just a cooking mix or hat. I'm not sure what they all were, but they were personal to the one they were giving it to, which made it all the more special.

*This year they are each bringing a book from their "library" that has meant something special to them this year and want to pass it on so someone else can be inspired, taught or encouraged like they have been through that book. They'll do a "white elephant" exchange for the books.

*Last year they went with DVDs, not sure all the details on that one, but again, another simple idea and reasonably priced too.

Another idea I heard recently would work well for a gathering of friends or colleagues. Every one brings a $10 wrapped beverage (alcoholic or non-alcoholic or a combination would be decided by the group) and a "white elephant" exchange takes place. Everyone walks out with something special!

What creative ideas have you heard? I think we're going to have to try some of these! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...