Sunday, February 27, 2011

Debt Update

Thanks to our tax return, we are in the 'teens' now! :) for those that have been following along since the beginning that puts our paid off total around $21,000 in 7 months! Can some body please stand up and cheer about that?!?! WooHoo! :) I can't explain how happy this makes me. That's not even counting the almost $17,000 we paid off during the 41 months before starting this program. This process has gone so much quicker because of our diligence in saving money and living on cash only. I wish we'd been doing this during those first 41 months, we would be done by now, but no use looking back now. We are going to be debt free soon! :)

So, we've had a debt free date set for a few months, but I've been nervous to post about it because I don't want to fail...BUT, I'm going to now. I'm feeling hopeful we can do it, it'll for sure be a stretch, but hopefully it'll help us push through and get it done! Now, with that build up, I feel like I need a drum roll to tell you...

Debt free date goal is: March 2012, hopefully by that first week. :) It will be the week we both turn 30. I don't think there is any better way to ring in our next decade then being able to yell, "WE'RE DEBT FREE!" :) Now, I can't wait to turn 30! :)

I'm hopeful and I pray we'll be able to make that goal. It sure would be awesome. It'll also be the year we celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, so it'll be a BIG year to celebrate in our house.

If you are just getting started, I hope this motivates you and encourages you to keep going. You too, can be debt free soon!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the debt you have paid off thus far. How exciting. Good luck with the next year...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...