Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cheap, Easy Breakfast

Today instead of giving you a cheap, easy dinner idea, I'm giving you a breakfast idea! I did this a couple weeks ago and have been meaning to post about it, and just haven't gotten to it! My breakfast idea is breakfast burritos. My husband fends for himself at breakfast since he gets up at 3:45 AM--yikes! So I decided to make up a large batch of breakfast burritos for him. It really didn't take much time and was reasonable budget-wise and then I wrapped them in foil and put them in the freezer, all ready for him to just heat up and enjoy.

Here's the run down:
-12 tortillas- $1.60
-6 eggs- $0.79
-1 package of hash browns (I used ones I made, but I've seen them on sale for $1 a lot)-$1
-1/2 lb of breakfast sausage (didn't buy it, but I'll estimate a price for you)-$1.50
-1 C of salsa- $0.25 (estimate)
-2 C of cheese- $0.50

Total cost for 12 breakfast burritos: $5.90


After cooking all of the ingredients separately, I scooped small amounts of each ingredient into the tortillas, wrapped them up in foil for easy freezing and baking. If you freeze them, you can bake them to reheat them or unwrap them and warm them in the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...