Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Homemade Laundry Soap-update

Last summer I shared with you that I was going to make my own laundry soap. Well, it has been 9 months now and I have about a week's supply left. It has workedfine for us, it hasn't been perfect, but for the price and the chemical-less benefits it has, I've decided to make a secomd batch. After this one runs out, I'll re-evaluate it again. The cool thing about this time was that I still had plenty of the ingredients left over from last time, except for the bar of soap, which cost about $4. So for $4 and an hour of my time, I have another 9 months or so worth of laundry soap!

3 comments:

  1. Did that really say $4 for a 9 month supply? I'm interested to find out what it is you're using. We use a green laundry soap that works better than any laundry soap I've ever tried (even gets grass stains, bodily fluids, etc out) and it gets the whites whiter than I've ever thought...but make my own? Interesting thought. Let me know about it!! (melody)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it does say $4 for a 9 month supply! ;) BUT that was this time because I only had to buy ONE ingredient because I already had the others. If you want to see the run down on the cost when I made it the first time check out this post: http://theoldsimplelife.blogspot.com/2010/07/homemade-laundry-and-dishwasher-soap.html, it still only cost me $6.19 total or something like that the first time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I wouldn't say it's got exceptional cleaning power, but it works fine for us with two kids, although I do some stain treating (usually) before washing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...