Friday, May 27, 2011

Getting the Kids to Help Around the House

Socks, ugh! Right? Well, my 4 year old is eager to help with things around the house and I'm just as eager for some help. So, the other day I told her to match up all the socks from the laundry basket. It's not only a good skill for her to be practicing, but it's also teaching her how to care for things and helping me out! I told her I'd pay her in "cookies and milk" after the task was finished. She has no need for "spending money" or allowance at her age and we don't have the budget to start giving her that, but she's just as happy--if not happier--to work for a treat she may not have otherwise been given. :)

How do you get your kids to help around the house?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...