1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.) Hm, well from a teacher's stand point, I think it's a valuable skill, maybe not necessarily to write it, but kids should know how to read it. There are a lot of people who write in cursive, especially an older generation and learning to write in cursive ultimately helps kids learn how to read it too. So, the short answer is: No, I don't think it's overrated. I would disagree with IN and their decision to take it out of the curriculum.
2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?
Everything is on my phone. Although I do keep a small notepad in my purse and large calendars at home, but most things are kept track of on my phone now.
3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)
Oh wow, I hate these questions because there seems to be "the perfect answer" you should come up with, but it's usually lame and fake. So, anyway, I've thought of this before and lets just assume all my important documents have already been saved or removed from the house, k?
1. Pictures. As many of the photo albums, pictures on the wall, and tubs of printed pictures I could possibly grab. I'd bring them all out. I find that those are memories and moments that can't be relived and I'd want the pictures that document special moments in our lives to be saved.
2. My kid's favorite "lovies". My daughter carries what she calls her "mama shirt" and my son has a special blanket. Both are SO irreplaceable to me. I know they are not worth a dime financially, but those two things are worth millions to my family. If they hadn't already grabbed them, I'd probably run back in a burning building for those two pieces of fabric because I know my kids would be devastated to lose them. And, if it means that much to them, then it means that much to me too.
3. I have a small box of sentimental items that I'd bring out too. It has notes that my husband has written for me over the years and things like that in it. Again, those are the irreplaceable things. The love notes, the small gifts, the moments that can't be relived.
4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?
Totally a city mouse! There are things about the country that I enjoy and I don't mind living out in the "country" as long as I have access to the city in less then a 10 minute drive. There is something about the city though, that I just love. I love all the options of things to do, the culture, the history, the excitement. After being in NYC I recognized that even more about myself. I do better when I have access to the city.
5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?
Totally, totally Amazing Race. I used to be completely addicted to that show, but I haven't watched it in ages...total bummer! Anyway, I love seeing new places, experiences new cultures, it's totally up my alley. I've tried to talk my hubs into liking the idea, but it's not his thing AT ALL. I think we could kick butt though because we are both SO determined and competitive, but our downfall would be getting too involved in the game that we don't communicate well and start arguing with each other all the time--not so good. So, I'm recruiting possible teammates, any takers! ;)
That wraps up this week's version of Five Question Friday, hope you liked it! I have all kinds of great posts lined up for next week. I'll be sharing with you the highlights of my trip to NYC, a few grocery budget updates/ideas, a debt update, along with some other fun projects. (I can't tell you ALL my secrets!) I'll be working on some projects this weekend to share with you soon too, so be sure to check in. Have a great weekend friends and I'll see you back here on Monday!