Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Flash Card Rings

Both of my kids are at ages where they are capable of entertaining themselves for a little bit on their own. So I've been trying to put together things that we can take with us for trips, errands, doctor's appointments, and the like for them to keep from getting b-o-r-e-d. But you all know the main reason, is for me to stay sane! :) It seems like those types of situations are filled with lets-drive-mommy-crazy moments, or is that just my kids!?!? ;) Really, though, if you consider all the waiting and sitting they have to do, it's understandable how difficult of a day that can turn out to be for little people. In all reality, it's not really my favorite thing to do either, so it's no wonder toddlers and preschoolers can only handle some much of it. Which is probably explains why there are endless amounts of ideas out there for Mommies like me to create for their kids for such moments! :) Now you can add one more to your bag of "Mommy tricks" with this simple activity. 

I gathered up some age/ability appropriate flash cards that I had stashed away in my teaching supplies (or you can get them at the dollar store), a hole punch and a large binder ring. As you can see in the pictures all I did was cut the cover of the box off, punch a hole in the corner of each card and put them on the rings. 

Not quite ready for these ones yet, but they're ready for when they are! :)

The benefits to having them on a ring:

-They don't have to "hold" them all in their hands while trying to flip them.
-They won't be spilling all over the bag/floor
-No missing/lost cards

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...