Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cleaning the Bathroom

Hmm...not sure why this never posted a while ago, but here we go, I'll try it again! :)

I read this tip on a baby/parenting website years ago and I've always remembered it. I thought I'd share with you because it's actually been a helpful tip for me.

This idea works better for a little bit older children, which is why I've just recently been able to apply it, but it's worth keeping stored away in your memory bank for the future.

The point was to maximize time and also to get some household chores done during a busy week. This one happened to be about cleaning the bathroom. The mom who wrote in explained how she cleaned the bathroom while giving her kids their baths. This is how it works:

*Bathe your kids
*While they are playing you clean the rest of the bathroom (toilet, counters, mirrors). You are still right there and able to supervise their time in the bath, but you're also getting something done while they enjoy the water a little longer.
*After getting the kids out of the bath, you do a quick wash of the shower and tub area.

This isn't a time to do the most thorough of bathroom cleanings, but it's a great way to get the regular, maintenance cleaning out of the way, while you're in there any way! I love this idea and its worked well for us now that the kids are a little more independent and love to play in the bath.

Now, if I could only convince my husband to clean our bathroom while I'm in the shower! ;) I'll work on that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...