Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I've been Tagged!

Well, this is a first. My blog has been tagged, and it comes with the responsibility to answer some questions by a reader. She chose these questions, so here they are...


1. What is your current job? And is it what you always wanted to do?
I'm currently a stay at home mom, but I'm a licensed elementary teacher. Both of those things are what I always wanted to do. From the time I can remember I've wanted to be a Mom and a Teacher. I've never been one to struggle with the question, "what do I want to be when I grow up?" until most recently. I LOVE filling both of those roles in my life, but at times find it difficult to see the progress and purpose in being a stay at home mom. God has been faithful to remind me of what this season is for. 

2. What is one day of your life you wish you could relive?

Hm...I'm not sure about this one. I guess it could go in two ways, one you loved so much you want to do it all over again, or one you could relive to change the outcome of how it went. I'll go with the first one! :) I think my wedding day and all the joy that came with that day would be worth reliving. Not necessary at the same age/stage, but to have those emotions and excitement in your relationship to refresh your memory would be great! :) 

3. What brings you joy?
My kids, especially when they are laughing. It's one of my favorite things about motherhood. 

The days that are restful, fun, relaxed and memory building. 
A good conversation with my husband or a good friend.
The sense of accomplishment
Fulfilling my purpose


4. What three words do you hope people use to describe you?
Loving, fun, compassionate

5. What is the last movie you saw? 

We just saw Life as We Knew it, I really liked it.. 

6. What is the purpose behind your blog?

I have two blogs. The first one is solely for the purpose of writing about and remembering fun things that happen with my kids. This one is all about our journey to being debt free and also about finding a way back to a simpler time when things weren't all about a rat race and climbing ladders of success. We are longing to live a slower pace, a more fulfilling lifestyle and be in community with those around us. This blog is my journal as we seek to do better at those things and also a way to share ideas and tips that have worked well for us to save money and hopefully simplify life for others too. 

7. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?

Not a whole lot. We eat a great meal as a family and then we write out all the things that God has done in our lives that year and read them around the table. It's always amazing to see how many we can think of. 

8. What are you most thankful for?

There are so many things. I have a wonderful family that gets along great, we are all healthy, my husband has a great job, we always have everything we need and extras too, I have wonderful friends that come alongside me in every stage of life, I have and serve a God that is faithful and cares about all the details of my life, I've had experiences of living and traveling all over the world that others will never have, I have a husband that is committed to our marriage and family and who I'm totally in love with. I have an endless amount of blessings, we have a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...