Sunday, November 7, 2010

Making Space...

It's such a wonderful feeling to get rid of things that we don't need. We just sold a piece of furniture that has been sitting in our bedroom for about three months waiting to be taken to another home. It's refreshing to feel like you're ridding your life of things you don't need or want so you can have that space for what actually matters to you. Which in this case, is nothing! ;) I'm glad to have my space back and $50 in my wallet! :) Of course, it will go straight toward debt, but I can live with that. It's getting us to where we want to be.

What are you making space for in your life? What are you getting rid of that doesn't need to take up space any longer?

This got me thinking, sometimes we need to get rid of things on an emotional/spiritual level too, in order to make space for the qualities and people that matter most to us. It takes an intentional action, for us prayer and submitting it to God, to move out of our unhealthy patterns and thinking.

This past week I've been leaning closely on a great friendship to help me rid my life of things that take up more time then I should be willing to give it. I've slipped into unhealthy patterns of not being intentional in how I spend my time, letting days waste by. It's an awful place to be, but seriously "addicting" at time and very difficult to change. Again, it's taking intentional action on my part to move out of those habits and lifestyles.

I've had a great week. It's been filled with great memories with my kids and very productive. It's also given me an opportunity to connect more often with a wonderful friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...