Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

In honor of the day of love, I thought it would be fun to share with you a few of our romantic stories! ;) My husband is such a romantic, it's easy to come up with some great stories. There's been several times that he's written songs for me and serenaded me either privately or in public. He's made up some scavenger hunts that take me to some of my favorite places around town to treat me to some of my 'loves'. Last year I woke up on my birthday to breakfast and flowers and no kids for the day. After I was ready we walked out the front door to find a limo waiting for us to take us around town for a day of pampering and fun. See?! He's such a romantic. I love him!! :) One of the best things about him is that he makes a big impact out of small, meaningful things for me. For example the scavenger hunt was to places like DQ, Starbucks and Arby's! Nothing fancy at all, but the part that made them meaningful were the cards he included at each stop that shared a memory of a time we've enjoyed at those places and also noting my favorite things from that place. It's the thoughtfulness that takes it over the top! Telling me he remembers, he pays attention to the things I enjoy and the memories that have been meaningful to us.

Today, he went with a simple, thoughtful gift. I woke up to a card on our cupboard and a gift bag below it. As I opened up our kitchen cupboard I saw he had bought new tupperware and re organized that cupboard for me. I know! Totally NOT romantic in of itself, but he knows I HATE that cupboard and our tupperware was always a MESS! It was special to me because it was something I wanted to change, but never made the effort to deal with it, so he did it for me. :) I think it probably cost him a whole $20 and my life will be easier because of it. Then, remember the gift bag? Yeah, that's the fun one! :) Well, fun for me at least. He got me a 4 pack of my favorite Starbucks frappuccinos. Again, probably not the biggest and best gift he's ever given me, but something simple to make my day. I NEVER buy those for myself because they are what I consider to be an extra expense and not necessary, so it's nice of him to get me a treat he knows I'll enjoy.

Love lesson from me today: sometimes it really is the simplest things that can make the best presents! Making someone feel special isn't about the price or fanciness of the gifts you can get for them, it's that you thought about a way to bless them when you were buying it.

Happy Valentine's Day friends! I hope today you've had an opportunity to cherish, appreciate and bless on the ones you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...