Sunday, May 22, 2011

April Grocery Budget

I had tallied up all my receipts a couple weeks ago to post and go caught up in getting ready for our mini, spur of the moment trip last week and forgot to tell you all about it! Considering the rise in grocery prices and the extra food I had to buy for our daughter's birthday party that month, we did pretty good. It wasn't under $150, sadly. BUT, I have my reasons! ;) The main one is that I had a separate budget for the birthday party, but bought all the groceries at the same time as my usual shopping and didn't take the time to subtract those items from my total for the month. It just didn't feel worth the time. My total spending for the month of April was: $175.53. May is shaping up to be a great grocery budget month because we've been out of town for a week and I didn't buy much the week before we left either. I'll post as soon as the month wraps up, what the total ends up being.

How are you doing with your grocery budgets? Are you noticing a difference in how much you've been saving? Have you been able to reduce it consistently for a few months? Give it a try! I'm sure you can do it.

Hopefully you're shopping looks a little more thoughtful and intentional that this, hehe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...