Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I want to hear from YOU!

I always find that there are always so many ways to do the same thing. I know that our debt story is certainly not the only one out there, quite the contrary actually, people in debt are every where! Which got me thinking, why not share some of them on here.

*The plan: To feature other individuals or families that are working on meeting their financial goals (this can be getting out of debt and/or saving). The reality is that it looks a little different for each of us and I want to find ways to bring fresh ideas to all my readers. There isn't a "perfect" or "only" way to get out of debt and no two families have exactly the same goals. Why limit our resources to just one idea, right?

*The goal: To use other people's stories, ideas, goals and methods as a way to encourage and motivate A Simple Life readers. I think all our stories are valuable and worth sharing. We all have something to learn from each other. What works well for us, isn't likely to work for everyone. Maybe the way you do things will work better for someone then what I share on here. It's also highly probable that there are readers who are in a very different stage of life then we are in, so why not feature some families that are working on goals that pertain to a different season of life?

*The families: I have a few individuals/families lined up to work with me on this little endeavor and I'm so excited to introduce them to you, just not yet! ;) Patience! But I'm looking for some more! Maybe it's YOU!

~What it'll involve:

-A quick bio, picture, a brief sharing of your financial story {primarily focusing on your goals, ways you're working toward them right now}.
-{Depending on the number of participants} A monthly/bi- or tri-monthly update on how you've been doing on your goals. What's worked well, what hasn't,  how you're feeling about your situation, that kind of thing. {I will "interview" you each time there is an update}.
-Honesty. This is I'm sure the hardest one. It's easy to hide and pretend things are different then they seem, but once your truth is out there, then the hiding is over. I promise you, it's such a relief to stop living a "lie", but I also understand it's hard to be open about some of this stuff. I'll never ask you to give any information you're  unwilling to share {it's totally up to you}. For the purpose of this project, though, some things will need to be shared {at least a ball park figure}.

~What's in it for you:
-A chance to make a difference in someone else's life, for your story to be away other's find their own strength to move forward too.
-To be celebrated for your success, I'm hoping that other readers will come along side of you and encourage you on your way to your final destination.
-Get accountability to stay focused on your goals. Hopefully knowing we'll be "checking in" will help keep you motivated to finish strong and actually meet your goal.
-Your blog will be linked up and highlighted each time you are featured.

If you're interested in being a part of this, please leave me a comment with your email and I'll be in touch with you about setting things up. I'm looking forward to hearing your stories!

Also, I'm always looking for some guest bloggers, so if you're ever available to partner with me in that area, I'd love to hear from you too! Again, just leave me a comment with your email and I'll be in touch.

Thanks for being an amazing group of readers! I'm looking forward to learning from you & featuring YOUR story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...