Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 Goals

I haven't forgotten to write and post my goals for this year. I've simply been avoiding it. I think there are a number of reasons: 1. Once I write them down and share them, I need to get moving towards making them reality. 2. I don't want to fail--I KNOW--I just explained in my recent post this is to be avoided, but no one likes to have a plan and it not work out. So, I'll look past that and move forward with my goals and hopefully they'll work out! :) And if they don't, I'll still strive towards them and make this a great year of growth, right? ;)

So here goes:
Spiritual/Personal Growth
-Read a daily scripture/devotion each day
-Start a family devotions routine
-Work on AWANA verses throughout the week
-Read at least 4 Bible study/growth books throughout the year
-Create a bulletin board/area to display verses & helpful quotes to keep my days focused on Jesus.
-Write a calendar of prayers to pray for my husband as the spiritual leader
-Write out and read a prayer of blessing over our children throughout the year

Motherhood/Family/Home
-Write out and read a prayer of blessing over our children throughout the year.
-Establish a cleaning routine that involves a few "chores" for the kids and a plan for me too
-Once a month deep clean a room
-Find ways to be more 'present' with my kids at home by planning activities, games and time to be together
-Start intentionally teaching our kids preschool.
-Finish 3 decorating projects



Marriage
-Write a calendar of prayers to pray for my husband as the spiritual leader
-Do an "I love you" (a special romantic surprise) each month
-Plan a special get away twice this year
-Plan a 'special' date each month to do on our regular date nights
-Notes of encouragement throughout the year

Financial
-Continue with our cash budget and debt diet, with a goal of paying off at least a $1,000/month
-Generate income by working side jobs
-Continue to find ways to cut spending

Physical/Health
-Get to the gym regularly
-Make healthy diet changes
-Schedule exercise/physical play for the kids each day

Fun/Relaxing
-Plan 2 outings/month for family time
-Read for fun
-Schedule a regular time to do crafts and scrap booking
-Take a family trip



YIKES!! That looks like a lot! The good news is that a lot of these will come naturally and thankfully they won't all take much time! :) Now, my plan will be to set up some of these things throughout this week, so it'll be easier to keep up with throughout the year. For example some of the scheduling, I'll write on the calendar now so we'll already be preparing for that as that month arrives. Hopefully I'll have a chance to keep you posted on the progress. I'll be sure to let you know if I end up cheating and hiring a cleaning service too! ;) Maybe I'll start saving up for that...we'll call it "planning ahead".... haha! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...